CLASS CLOWN
To all the parents out there,I was just wondering when that the parent hand book for your eight year old is expected to arrive. I could sure use one about now. I want to write this down, so when Colby's sons is being a knot head and he wants to know if he ever did anything like that, we have the proof. No for the most part he is a good kid, but for the last little while he has been getting in at school. Just all around being a class clown. Wonder were he gets that from ha ha. If you know Shawn that not a hard one. So we have had to do some of our very first real grounding. Its true what they say that the punishment is harder on the parents then the kid. We sat him down and Shawn and I had this long talk with him about his behavior in class and it went pretty well or so we thought. This was on Wednesday, Friday I get a call from Colby's teacher " your son was messing around in the lunch room and made quite a mess with his food, the janitors were not happy about cleaning up. The principle is out of town so they are just doing a time out in the hall just wanted you to know. So I guess our talk did not really work as well as we had hoped. So once again Shawn and I sat him down for a talk and Shawn really held his ground and really laid down the law, we put more restriction on through the weekend and made him write some notes to the janitor. You always hope you are doing the right thing, but there again I need that manual. Tomorrow starts a new week all restriction off.We start fresh and we are all hopping for a better week. Its so hard to watch your kids make mistakes and do the wrong thing, as we talked to Colby we tried to reiterate that we LOVE him so much. That we are only doing this to teach him to grow up and be a awesome yong man. WOW if that's not something we've heard our parents say. I'm sure this is not even close to what we will be dealing with in the future HELP US ALL. Raising kids is rewarding and changeling, stressful, scary, exciting and most of all takes a lot of faith. I am sure glade for my wonderful husband. What a blessing it is to have each other to lean on through the tough times and the good.
No comments:
Post a Comment